Monday, January 7, 2008

First Day of School

The first day of school turned out very well. We arrived at the school at about 7:45 this morning and headed to the principal's office where they took us to each of our classrooms. There are only 30 kids in each of our grades, so we stay in the same classroom the whole day and the teachers come to us. Today we had two hours of math and science, because our schedule changes every day. We had a "recess" period an hour before lunch and I played some basketball. Wow, the kids don't have many basketball skills. They thought I was the best 13 year old player in the world. At lunch, I found out that I had to perform in a musical with the rest of my class, which practices every day after school for two hours. I wasn't very happy about it, but we'll see how it goes. Mark and Grace also are doing a musical, but they practice during school. We still aren't really sure how I am going to get back from the practices. Overall the school is really nice and they have a couple of cricket cages so we might get to play some. We've been watching alot of cricket this week so I'm looking forward to playing some. That's all for now. I'll try to update you some more later.

2 comments:

Mary Jane Hollis said...

Hey Thomas,

I am so glad the school seemed good. The Musical might turn out to be fun -- you may discover that you are a great singer and actor like your brother and sister.

Thanks for the update!

Have fun!

Grandma

Diana said...

Hi Thomas,
It sounds like you are going to get along well in school. What new friends have you met? Along with being the best basketball player, you will probably be the smartest student! And, maybe even the best cricket player! It will be fun to learn a new sport. Keep us posted.
Love,
Dee