Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend Activities

After weeks of searching, we finally found a good enough place to play baseball. It is actually a cricket pitch in the agricultural university which is about a mile away from where we live. We walked through the university, until we finally found the place to play. At the time, there was a Sports Festival going on, so it was very crowded. At first we just played catch, but as the field got less crowded we got out our new bat and started hitting tennis balls. A lot of people came over and wanted to play with us (especially the Indians from America who knew how to play). When they started playing, all of their friends wanted to join. Then a group of boys about Mark's age came over and wanted to play catch. Surprisingly, some of them were doing very well for their first times playing the game. I'd say we are starting to do a pretty good job of spreading baseball around the city. I think we have found our new baseball field.

That night, we went out to the Esteem Mall, which is about three or four miles away from our apartment. It is the nicest place to shop around where we live and we had to go get a birthday present for my friend's party. We got him a Brooks & Dunn album. The first song on the CD was Only in America. I hope he doesn't think that I did that on purpose.

This morning I felt a little sick, but I'm doing a lot better now. At about ten we went out to the middle of the city where my party was. It was in a really nice hotel that isn't too far from our apartment. We watched Transformers and The Simpson's Movie. We had a western style lunch. Pizza, french fries, and a lot of cake. For the first time this term, I've had a lot of homework. I think it's because last week we didn't have any classes and the teachers are trying to catch up. I can't believe we're almost half way done with school.

5 comments:

Mary Jane Hollis said...

Hey Thomas,

I am so glad you found a place to play baseball. I know you will make new friends and that the kids will have fun leaning a new game. It is always inspiring to learn new things as you know.

Thanks for the great blog entry!

Grandma

Jim Hollis said...

When I look closely at the picture of your dad swinging the bat, I can clearly see that your dad whiffed. Hopefully that wasn't strike three.

Thanks for the update!

Jim Hollis
(Michael's brother)

Jeff said...

Hi Thomas,

Tell your dad to keep his weight back. He's out in front of the pitch -- unless that's how they do it in Cricket. Either way, don't bring these bad habits home with you. But please keep us posted on all the cool things you are doing. It's fun watching your family's trip.

Jeff Thomas
Seattle, WA

Tim Fisher said...

To Jim, one word: yard
To Jeff, a major part of being a parent involves shielding your children from bad advice, and remember, I've seen you play baseball...

Tim

deranek said...

Hey Thomas,

Happy early birthday. We are afraid we may miss signing on during the week. Know we'll be thinking of you. Make it a good one!

Thomas (and family)