Monday, February 18, 2008

Tim's Workplace

I haven't yet written much about my professional activities here--not because they are uninteresting, but rather because of so many other fascinating activities. Anyway, I am working at the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), which was founded roughly 20 years ago and houses one of the finest groups of researchers in India and indeed in the world (see http://www.jncasr.ac.in for more information). The people at JNCASR have been wonderful, and I am certain that this experience will have a tremendously positive impact on my work, on that of my students (particularly Kyle Smith on this visit), and perhaps even on my home institution. I'll write more about these activities in the coming months, but as a means of introducing the Center, I've recorded the video below. Please be sure to watch for the "Editor's Note" somewhere in the middle.


2 comments:

Lolly said...

I am glad for this blog so I can now tell people why you are there. Very impressive place! hugs, Lolly

Unknown said...

JNCASR is beautiful! It seems nice and warm out there (right now we are having snowfall outside). Good to see Kyle...

-himanshu