Monday, March 31, 2008

Nandi Hill: The Mountains and Hills of Bangalore

Last Friday was my last exam which was German. Grace had regular school and Thomas had a 6 hour English exam. I was lucky because mine was only 1 hour. When the exam was over my dad was waiting at the school gate and took me home in an auto rickshaw. By the time we came home, my grandparents (on my dad's side) were there. I changed into shorts and then we departed for Nandi Hill. It was about an hour drive. Luckily we went north of the city so there wasn't as much traffic. After 45 minutes we started seeing big hills. There was a path up one which we followed. Each "U" turn on the mountain counted as one turn. When we reached the top there was a "40th" turn sign. My dad bought the tickets and my mom got us some Kurkure (spicy Cheetoes). Our driver took us in the gate, then dropped us off. The first thing I noticed was the cool air, another thing was all the monkeys. Everywhere we turned we saw some monkeys! We walked around the hill and we could see over the walls and very far down. We heard music from the bottom of the hill and were surprised that we could hear it all the way at the top. We walked back up to were we started, got in the car, and left for our ride back. We needed to pick up Thomas and Grace so we ate at a recommended restaurant near our school. After picking up Grace and Thomas, we drove back home. Here are some of the pictures that we took on the hill.

1 comment:

Mary Jane Hollis said...

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing your trip. I love hearing about what you are doing. Wow, it sounds like Thomas's exam was hard.

I am looking forward to hearing how you like Delhi, Agra and Jaipur.

Love you!

Grandma