Monday, December 31, 2007

Power Outage

This morning we woke up at five in the morning, and flipped the light switch to try to get some light. The light never came on. It was our first power outage of our stay in India. Both of our parents were asleep, so we went into the kitchen for some water. It was hard to see, but we made it to the refrigerator and opened the door. It had shut down as well. We were afraid that all of our food would spoil if this would last too long. As the time turned closer to six, we became hungry and got some food out of the cupboard to eat. We took it into the boy's bedroom and ate, where as the time went on we got even more worried. Once everyone was awake, the lights came on again and the power was back. I was so glad that we could see again.

1 comment:

Mary Jane Hollis said...

Dear Grace,

I am so glad that you arrived safely and that you are feeling better. I think it must have been the flu. Grandma talked to two people on Saturday night who had the same thing for 24 hours.

Wow,you are a great writer. I really enjoyed hearing about the power outage. I can't believe you guys just took it in stride and did not even wake up your mom and dad.

It sounds like you are having a great time already.

Thank you for posting to the blog. I will send comments back to you. I also need you correct email. Could you please send me an email so I have it.

Lots of love, Grandma